[aquaria] SDL 2 Port

David Gow david at ingeniumdigital.com
Wed Jun 13 12:23:17 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've been playing with libSDL 2.0 for the past couple of days, and have
ported Aquaria to it. It's quite a rough port (particularly the CMake
bits), but is quite playable, and is a fun way of trying out the new SDL
API.

I've attached a patch for those who want to try it out, or --- if you
prefer --- there's a hg repository at http://davidgow.net/hg/public/aquaria
You have to compile with 'cmake -DAQUARIA_USE_SDL2=1
-DAQUARIA_SDL2_PREFIX=<path-to-sdl2>' at the moment, but it does work
(at least for me).

This is more of an experiment that anything else, so it's probably not
ripe for inclusion in the main tree, but it should be fun to play around
with. It's certainly shown me just how usable SDL 2.0 already is.

Have fun,

-- David