[aquaria] [patch] Some optimizations

False.Genesis false.genesis at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 2 23:16:59 EST 2012

The optimization patch was messed up, it broke collision for small
passages and fish form. Found no problems with the other changes.

Attached is a fixed optimization patch (scrap the last one),
and 3 more. See patch files for details.

About safeptr.patch:
I am thinking to enable the new pointer checks by default, it shouldn't
cause any noticeable performance difference, but the amount of warnings
gcc spits out then is ugly (MSVC doesn't care at all). I have no idea
how to get it really safe in the long term without the additional
offsetof() compile-time checks...
Virtual functions would work, but I didn't like that approach.
Anyways, for now this is mainly intended for modding, where wrong/WIP
scripts can cause the game to explode.

I would like to port my latest patches to the iPad code in some future.
Whenever it comes. Just sayin'.