[aquaria] Aquaria SDL build problem on 64bit Ubuntu 10.04

Pontos daemonpontos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:05:53 EST 2011

On 22/11/2011 2:28 PM, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>> Oh, thanks for this ! I stumbled upon the same build error last night,
>> but I didn't have the time to track it down. I don't have access to the
>> code right now, but I think maybe this OR should be an AND ?
>
> No, it's that Linux doesn't use SDLmain (only Windows and Mac OS X
> do), so Cmake fails to find that library.
>
> This should be fixed in hg changeset b65169ffbe9e, now.

This didn't fix the issue (It's not working in msys/mingw either). The
reason is that SDLMAIN_FOUND is never defined by CMake.
I don't know where Flase.Genesis got it from (It was added in rev
7b8f3209afde), but if you check the SDL finder module file in CMake's
folder (/usr/share/cmake2.x/Modules/FindSDL.cmake in Linux) it only
defines SDL_FOUND plus the variables with the system library path if found.

For the purpose of the code in the CMake script for Aquaria, using only
"if(NOT SDL_FOUND)" is more than enough and works in every case. There's
no need to check anything else.