[aquaria] I'd like to build a binary for OpenSUSE

Vincent Cheng vincentc1208 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:23:15 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:08 PM, breversa <breversa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've been following the mailing list for quite a time now, although my
> contributions were only gameplay enhancement suggestions.
>
> I'd love to try the changes since v1.1.3, so I was going to ask "Isn't
> it time for a binary release yet ?" :-)
>
> However, instead of asking for a binary, why not try to compile it
> myself first (holidays are closing in ! ^^) ? My knowledge is pretty
> much limited to "configure && make && make install" (and installing
> the required packages every time something's missing !), so is there
> something to know before I even start ? I'm considering setting up a
> virtual OpenSUSE 11.4 system with VirtualBox in order not to "bloat"
> my existing system my devel-packages.
>
> I'd be thankful for any advice ! :-)

If you haven't read it already, there's a README file in the icculus
repository that gives you step-by-step instructions on how to compile
Aquaria. It's Debian/Ubuntu-oriented though, i.e. you'll have to find
the names of the corresponding dependencies for OpenSUSE. [1]

You can start off by fetching the source, if you haven't done so already:
$ hg clone http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria

Regards,
- Vincent

[1] http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria/file/674ec634c9f1/README.txt