[aquaria] Scenario colision detection issues in achurch.org hg/aquaria tip

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh+aquaria at hmh.eng.br
Sun Jan 2 08:09:13 EST 2011

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > And ATI's.  I have just confirmed it (well, conceivably it could also be a
> > library problem, but...)
> >
> > ATI FireGL (fglrx) version 8.77.5/8.771 (public version 10-9) is returning
> > weird crap sometimes.
>
> Seems to be fixed by ATI fglrx 10-12.  At least, the immediate test case
> didn't cause any problems and the dumped textures are beautiful.  I will
> (finally! :p) be able to play Aquaria and will report back if the issue
> resurfaces.

The game is working perfectly.  Thank you all for the help with locating
this issue.  I have documented it in the Debian bugtracker, maybe we will be
able to push the fixed driver for the next stable point release.

Otherwise, it might be worth noting in a FAQ somewhere (64-bit Linux ATI
fglrx 10-9 is incompatible with Aquaria and some other OpenGL applications).

  Henrique Holschuh