[aquaria] massive pile of patches now in icculus tree...

Thomas W. Most twm at freecog.net
Fri Apr 22 03:46:50 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at icculus.org> wrote:
> A metric ton of fixes, optimizations and improvements (141 changesets, some
> of them quite large and all of them very useful) have just landed at
> http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria ...

I'm seeing a significant graphics performance regression on my Lenovo
S10-3t netbook (Ubuntu 11.04β, Intel integrated graphics, 1024×600
resolution) with these changes.  Aquaria was fully playable with a
previous Mercurial build, as with the stock Humble Indie Bundle build,
but the framerate on tip is now too low to play.

Can anyone suggest a likely cause, or should I just start trying each
of Andrew's branches to see which causes the issue?

On the plus side, loading the game is definitely faster. :-)

--Tom