[aquaria] What about using Freedesktop config-spec ? (Patch included)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Apr 21 22:03:43 EDT 2011

On 4/21/11 6:58 PM, Julien Humbert wrote:
> Hello everyone !
>
> Aquaria uses ATM the « ~/.Aquaria » config directory, and I think it
> is a bad practice. $HOME is cluttered with many « ~/.something » files
> and dirs. Freedesktop has a spec for this. Apps should use « ~/.config

Mac OS X has the same sort of split (~/Library/Preferences and
~/Library/Application Support), but I think separating the files is
counterproductive, so it all goes under Application Support on the Mac.

I agree having the ~/.Aquaria directory is undesirable, and it's only
there for the sake of Unix legacy. Would there be a lot of complaints,
though, if we settled on ~/.local/share/Aquaria for everything?

--ryan.