[aquaria] Impossible quick form change with french azerty keyboard

breversa breversa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:26:22 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm not used to posting on mailing lists, so I hope I'm not doing
anything wrong...

Here's a bug I've spotted :
According to the help page, you ought to be able to quick-change form
or sing the shield/bind songs with a single keypress of 1 to 9.
However, that does not work with the french azerty keyboard, as the
shift key must be pressed in order to input the digits (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY for illustration).

I believe this is an SDL issue, as I've encountered it in several
SDL-based games (Beyond the Red Line, Lord of the Ring game engine by
Michal Beneš, etc.).

I remember mailing Michal Beneš about this, and he basically explained
me that SDL can only grab single-key press (or something like that),
and the only easy solution was to remap the functions to different
keys.

Any idea, anyone ?

Regards from France,
breversa