[aquaria] Minor improvements suggestions

breversa breversa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:46:05 EDT 2010

Hi Voss, thanks for your toughts ! :-)

> I don’t think we should add additional controls; that would make the UI too complex for a gamepad. However, if there are more ingredients of the selected kind, we could keep them in the ingredient slots, and then the user could simply press the cook button repeatedly to get the same dish again. The better UI would probably to empty the slots but then refill them, to show something was consumed.

Oh, you may be right : I play using the mouse, so I did not think
about gamepad controls. Your *better* suggestion is probably the best
idea then. :-)

> This is a good idea. I’m not sure how the white circles are supposed to work anyway. Are they exits from the current map? Unexplored areas?

If I'm not mistaken, the white circles indicate the exits of the
current area, while the red ones indicate the save crystals.

> I don’t see a need for this. Even 1 marker would be fine, because you can label them whatever you like.

I tought of it as well, but... others' opinion are a good thing. ^^

> No strong opinion either way. But I would like the map to be scrollable.

Can't you already do this with the right mouse button ?

> This would be nice, just to remember what has happened, but most of that is flavor text so I don’t know if it would actually inform your decisions.

Maybe, maybe not, but it would definitely not hurt. I remember Naija
saying something about getting lost in the kelp forest, about the warm
water of the veil, and the darkness of the abyss. Of course, it does
not help a lot, but still... :-)