[aquaria] patch queue catchup...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Jun 14 23:57:30 EDT 2010

Okay, I think I've applied all the pending patches that have been
sitting on this mailing list. Please take a look and make sure your
patch is in here now:

    http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/aquaria/shortlog

...everyone else should pull/merge from there.

Things worth noting:
- The Lua scripts are in revision control now, so we can fix things in
the game logic as the need arises. I commented out the debugLog() call
in mantis.lua, so this should no longer crash the Mantis Shrimp.
- Linux people: I would love patches to clean out the last bits of
middleware we use, when there are reasonable system packages that could
supply them. We're already using the system-installed versions of SDL
and OpenAL, but there's lots of source code we're building in-tree that
we should, optionally, not: freetype, zlib, glpng, glfont2, liblua,
tinyxml, ftgl, libogg, libvorbis. These need to stay in revision control
since Windows and Mac people don't generally have the luxury of package
management, and it's nice to be able to keep building even when a given
Linux box doesn't have a specific library. But Linux packagers will
definitely want the build system to let them use system packages for
these things.
- Windows people: We need to figure out what was causing the compiler
warnings that we added a "#pragma warning" to suppress in OpenGLStubs.h.
I'd rather fix the issue than suppress it.
- Everyone else: what's still outstanding? Did I miss any patches? Are
there any issues you feel haven't been addressed?

--ryan.