[aquaria] Problem in mantis.lua

Peter De Wachter pdewacht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 17:59:22 EDT 2010

Op Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:51:41 +0200
schreef Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com>:

> > We should really put the Lua scripts in revision control, and fix
> > bugs there. I'll check with Bit-Blot and see if that's okay
> > (technically, they walk a line between source code and game data, so
> > I need permission first).
>
> That would be the best solution.

If you don't get permission, maybe we should create a simple patch
system for the lua code. It wouldn't need to be complicated. A way to
say, after loading mantis.lua, evaluate this code. That could be used
to redefine the postInit function. That would be a cleaner solution
than hacking string.format, and the mechanism could be reused for other
problems that might pop up.