[aquaria] Scenario colision detection issues in achurch.org hg/aquaria tip

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh+aquaria at hmh.eng.br
Thu Dec 30 13:26:04 EST 2010

Hello, and well met!

I am yet another Linux user (well, and incidently a Debian Developer.  I
understand you already have a few of us around here) and I just found out
about Aquaria through the HIB2.  This game is simply beautiful, and the
soundtrack is utterly amazing.

I am still very new to the game, and of course I had to try to run it the
hard way since it won't work in native amd64 mode, and I have all the 32-bit
compatibility gunk removed from my systems for security reasons (and I
didn't want to run it on a VM).

I am trying to build the game from Andrew's repository since it looks like
it has the various bugfixing patches already merged, etc.

Building went OK, forced -O3 on gcc otherwise it gets really annoying.

Build system is stock Debian squeeze-of-the-day.  Lua 5.1, SDL, OpenAL, and
just about every dependency I could find is installed in the system (so it
uses mostly system libraries).

Found a weird bug, probably related to branch grid-render-optimization:

Sometimes Naija ignores the rocks/stone doors.  Other times, she ignores
the pilars and other scenery she should not go through (but not the
walls).  It is easy to see in the energy temple, for example.

Is there anything I could do to help diagnose and fix this?

Attached is a savegame file which exibits the behaviour.

  Henrique Holschuh