[aquaria] Gamepad improvements

Andrew Church achurch+aquaria at achurch.org
Sat Aug 7 10:12:46 EDT 2010

>I had removed the blank pages so that if the cursor is on a recipe and
>you change pages, the cursor won't be floating on an empty page. But,
>instead, I can just move the cursor to the "Recipes" button if the
>page is blank.

Why not just position the cursor on the previous or next page icon?
(Did you not have those in the movement target set?)

>On the other hand, at the start of the game, I found all those blank
>pages pretty annoying to flip through. How about, if you have got 3
>pages of recipes, the game shows "Page 3/13" but if you go to the

Like Dustin says, this could be confusing.  How about speeding up the
rate at which it accepts page change actions?  I'm not sure offhand
where the input delay comes from, but the fade effect itself is pretty
quick, so there's no graphical reason the flips can't go faster.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/