BUG: engine/math.c: vnormalize() is not vector normalization

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Feb 17 16:24:41 EST 2006

Hi,

while working on the seeker AI I found out that vnormalize() from
engine/maths.c is not vector normalization. I implemented my own
normalization function in engine/ai.c where I needed it. This shall not
stay there, it's just a temporary place till the problem is solved.

Changing vnormalize() screws up the physics. I'd suggest renaming it to
vnormalize2 and keep using it. The expression "sqrt(d*d)" should be
changed to "d" inside vnormalize(). My vnorm() function should be moved
to engine/maths.c and renamed to vnormalize().

If my suggestion is OK for you I'll do the work.

Erik