[airstrike] CVS problems and hosting.

Eero Tamminen eero.tamminen at netsonic.fi
Thu May 26 14:19:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Thursday 26 May 2005 01:01, Ulf Ekström wrote:
> Hi all.
> Our CVS server has been down for many days now as the result of an
> intrusion. I am also growing tired of CVS and fond of Subversion, so I
> want to find a new place to host the Game, preferrably on subversion.
> Does anyone know a good place for hosting a GPL'd project?
>
> Savannah does not like us because we use Povray, the Berlios people
> denied the project request with no explanation (and they are not
> responding to questions). Icculus.org has Subversion hosting, but
> there it is difficult for me to add new users.

This is in one of the Sourceforge annoucements:
-------
Subversion Service:  The research, analysis, and support gear-up needed to
implement a Subversion service at SourceForge.net is now in progress. As
with all SourceForge.net services, extensive analysis and testing must be
performed to verify suitable levels of stability and scalability before a
service can be rolled-out. We are expecting the initial phases of this
effort to last several weeks, to be followed by the implementation of a
testing environment which will be used for a live beta test by specific
selected projects. Pending successful scalability testing, service details
will be finalized and service will be offered to all projects. (Refreshed
2005-04-21, to show continued in-progress status.) (Last updated:
2005-04-21 Pacific)
--------

I've got no clue when it will be ready.
Until then, maybe something like this could help dealing with CVS:
	http://svn2cvs.tigris.org/
:-)

> Does anyone have any experience with a good (free or small charge)
> host? If possible I would like to run Trac
> (http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/) to manage the project.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ulf

	- Eero