[airstrike] Airstrike music, direction

Ulf Ekström ulfek at ifm.liu.se
Fri Nov 7 10:18:32 EST 2003

> I have a couple of ideas for some music tracks. One for the title (or
> some other) screen, and then one for in-game play.

Great! I'd love to here them. The guy who did Airstrike.mp3 probably
won't have any more time for the game, so it's really great that you
are helping out.

> I think your idea about the Nintendo-style map is good, but I do understand
> that it would be a lot of work in the graphics department. I was thinking
> about a sort of animation between levels. Maybe after defeating a baddie, a
> message could be put in the center of the screen, proclaiming your
> "Victory!" Then, the plane would zoom off the screen with a trail of smoke
> behind. What do you think?

This is a good idea even if we have a map "outside" of the
levels. I'll see if I can make it happen after the levels are working
as they should.

> I've also got a question about the bonuses. Do
> they actually do anything? I have yet to notice any effects from collecting
> the bonuses.

Yes, they have some small effects. For example if you take the bird bonus the
birds start following you around. We have to work a bit on the bonuses..

> About having two game styles...I for one don't favor either a cutesy or
> arcade style. I like the more serious, "We're at war, here..." type of
> feeling. Of course, the cutesy style would be optional, I'm sure... :)

My ideal is the same feeling as the old game "Cannonfodder", I thinks it's
pretty close to what you'd like. It's all about the graphics and sound..

> But maybe becoming familiar with the Airstrike code is a good way to
> increase my skill. :)

You're welcome!

Ulf