Where is textures.inc?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 15:39:26 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Ulf Ekström yowled:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 10:16:18PM +0000, Nix wrote:
>
> [no textures.inc]
>
>> Am I missing something obvious (or not-so-obvious)?
>
> Only that textures.inc is part of povray..

Oh, so it is.

I thought I recognized the name, but it's been so long since I played
with povray last that I missed it.

How embarrassing.

>                                               You may have to modify your
> povray.ini file to point to the correct location. If you installed povray
> from the official package I think that the povray.ini is in
> /usr/local/share/povray* (or maybe in /usr/local/etc, and it's possibly called something else..)

While if you install it from source yourself (as I did, on SPARC/Linux),
the povray install target forgets to install textures.inc.

How helpful of it.

Thanks. :)

--
2003-02-01: the day the STS died.