News archive: (submit news)
- Daemon updates. (posted 2002-04-20 06:08:24 by icculus):
- Our SMTP server should no longer make you wait 30+ seconds before accepting your mail from offsite. There was a discrepancy in my inetd.conf involving qmail's tcp-env wrapper. It was timing out waiting for an identd connection if you didn't actually have identd running (i.e. - you're running Windows and/or you're behind a firewall like me). This shouldn't give you any more trouble, but please let me know if things are fishy.
- IcculusFinger is now officially out of beta, and sitting pretty at version 2.0.2. I've added two more fake users, too. So you can finger email@example.com to get the current time over here, or finger firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what your IP address is (although that's fairly worthless through the web interface, since you get the webserver's IP.)
- IcculusNews 2.0 is coming along nicely. There's a daemon running to control access to the news database, which you can telnet to on port 263 and attempt to figure out the completely undocumented protocol. The database is a copy of the live news queue, so changes (try commands like "POST" and "DIGEST") are not reflected on icculus.org, and the current web interface is not hooked up to this daemon yet. Not that any of this is important. :)
- In unrelated news, all the companies waiting on me to complete contracts want to know what the hell I've been doing all day.
get news rdf