News archive: (submit news)
- Front page changes and removed projects (posted 2002-04-13 11:28:23 by icculus):
Some updates you might have noticed on our front page:
- A new layout! Much thanks to zakk for finding something that looks good and still renders nicely in every browser (including Lynx).
- The old layout still works, if you prefer it. I've got the PHP code set up so that both will continue to update correctly as news items, projects, etc are added to the front page. You can get there through the classic link.
- The obligatory icons are no longer obligatory, and were getting on my nerves, so they've been removed from both the new and classic layouts. You already know we've got Apache, mod_ssl, PHP, and Slackware, all of which serve icculus.org very well. We are hosted at The Cyberspace Matrix, who would like to rent you your very own, powerful CounterStrike or other game server when you email Chris for details. That covers all the icons. :)
- The Linux/PPC project is gone. It was crap, and one had one (semi-working) XF86Config file for a tangerine iMac. I have removed the project entirely. The project was originally my initiative, and I am the one that decided to axe it. I won't do this to other people's projects without their permission, but if you feel that your project is also just taking up space, I'd be happy to prune it, too. There will probably be other projects of mine axed like this in the future. (Penguin Telegard is likely the next victim unless someone wants to work on it.)
- OpenAL is gone. I am comfortable that the best maintainer for this project is Creative Labs, who has continued funding AL development under an LGPL license. The repository, which now contains all of the icculus.org patches, is available from opensource.creative.com.
There is also an active mailing list at email@example.com, which you should subscribe to.
- Setupdb, Loki Update, etc merged. Or rather, I've removed all the links except Loki Setup from the front page, since they all more or less are a package deal anyhow.
- Comments, praise and suggestions go to me. Complaints go to zakk.
get news rdf