News archive: (submit news)
- SDL_sound 0.1.5 now available (posted 2002-02-07 21:42:54 by icculus):
SDL_sound has reached version 0.1.5. Notable changes:
- Supports MIDI files internally, using a modified version of the modified version of Timidity from SDL_mixer.
- Supports .AU files internally.
- Supports decoding through the ModPlug library (an alternative to MikMod, which overlaps in some areas and adds some new mod formats, too.)
- SDL_sound should now be thread-safe.
- New API: Sound_Rewind() to restart decoding of a given sample.
- playsound, the demo application, now has a --loop command line option to loop playback of a given sound file.
- Support for BeOS added (uses standard autoconf scripts).
- Support for MacOS 9 added (CodeWarrior 5+ project files included).
- Support for MacOS X added (PowerBuilder project files available for download...standard autoconf scripts still work from the command line, too).
- Visual C project files updated (available for download).
Thanks to Torbjorn Andersson, Max Horn, Darrell Walisser, Tyler Montbriand, Mattias Engdegard, and Andreas Umbach for their contributions, suggestions, and help...they're the ones that made this happen.
get news rdf