News archive: (submit news)
- Postal 2 for Mac OS X 1409.2 patch... (posted 2006-02-08 16:33:14 by icculus):
The 1409.2 patch for Mac OS X is now available. Notable fixes over the initial retail version:
- Postal 2 is now a "Universal" (PowerPC and Intel) binary.
- Stencil buffer support added (fixes mirrors not reflecting).
- Other rendering fixes and enhancements from UT2004.
- Fixed some memory corruption crashes.
- Updated OpenAL (again) with several (more) fixes.
- Disabled mmap() for file i/o (fixes out of memory issues).
- Fixed karma crashes, usually seen in Apocalypse Weekend.
- Updated OpenAL with several fixes.
- Launching a dedicated server from the game now works.
- Apocalypse Weekend support (expansion pack sold seperately!)
There is no Windows nor Linux 1409.2 patch at this time, as these issues were specific to the Mac port.
If you have a mirror that doesn't require user registration to use and has a mimetype set up for .dmg files, drop me a line and I'll add your site to this news post.
get news rdf