News archive: (submit news)
- UT2004 3355 patch for Linux and MacOS X... (posted 2005-02-22 14:56:10 by icculus):
A new ut2004 patch, build 3355, is now available for all platforms.
You may patch from any prior retail version directly to 3355. Linux users that want to use the Editors' Choice Bonus Pack should install it before 3355. The Mac 3355 patch includes the Bonus Pack to simplify installation. This patch is only for UT2004 retail; it may not be used with UT2003 or the UT2004 demo.
To install on Linux, unpack the downloaded patch and copy the contents of the "UT2004-Patch" directory into your installation, overwriting files.
To install on MacOS X, unpack the downloaded patch and run the included patch program.
All the 3355 patch notes apply, but here are some Unix/Mac highlights:
- Mac version no longer requires the DVD to be in the drive to play (but you still need a valid CD key).
- UTV is now supported on Linux and Mac
- Bits of the editor package (NOT UnrealEd!) are now included on Linux and MacOS, which improves mod compatibility.
- Linux/amd64 version framerate shouldn't suck like it did in 3339 anymore.
MacOS X Downloads:
If you have a mirror that doesn't require membership, has an "application/x-bzip2" mimetype configured, and you want it listed here, please let me know.
get news rdf