Flourish! is an annual conference
on open source and free software topics, held in Chicago. I've spoken there
a few times now, so here's a brief data dump from my talks.
Linkdump for 2012 Open Source Game Tools talk.
- Toby is a programming language inspired by LOGO. You can read about it
- You can grab the build of Toby we used for the 2012 "Programming 101"
- This version is a Java application. You'll need to install Java to use
it. Windows users can get this from java.com.
Linux users can try something like
"sudo apt-get install default-jre"
or the equivalent for their distribution. Mac OS X users, for now, are
already good to go.
- Linux users can run
"java -jar toby.jar". Windows and Mac
users can double-click the .jar file.
- The source code to this build is
- The current (unstable) version is rewritten in C. You can get all of
this from Mercurial:
hg clone http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/toby
- The etherpad text from the workshop will be posted here soon.
- Send me Toby programs you've written!