Unreal Tournament 2004:
Holy Moly, after all this time, another patch!
Linux : http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2548
Mac OS X : http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2538
Win64 : http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2540
Linux and Mac users may want to get the 3369.1 hotfix: http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2548
For those that are experimenting with the new render-to-texture support,
here're my updated notes from before:
Some things this fixes:
- The scoreboard in DM-Morpheus3.
- Motion blur in Red Orchestra and UnWheel, etc.
- Realistic player shadows.
- The Hellbender license plate.
- Vehicle headlights, mostly.
- Other things.
Some notes, first:
- Mac OS X finally has the GL extension we need for this! If you're using
10.4.3 or later, it'll work...the game will still run as before (i.e. -
without the cool effects) on older Mac OS releases...so the 3369 patch
and 10.4.3 will get you going.
- On Linux and Win64, you MUST have Nvidia's latest drivers, or this WILL
NOT WORK (although it will probably work like it does now, no render
targets). ATI's drivers, or anyone else's, will probably work if they
support the OpenGL extension GL_EXT_framebuffer_object (which I hear they
- The Win32 3369 patch is missing a few significant last-minute fixes for
this, so the GL renderer will probably work, but be flakey. You should
be using Direct3D here anyhow. The Win64, Linux and Mac OS X builds don't
have this issue.
- You MUST set "UseRenderTargets=True" in the "[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]"
section of your UT2004.ini, or it WILL NOT WORK.
- To get realistic shadows, you also have to set "bPlayerShadows=True" and
"bBlobShadow=False" in the "[UnrealGame.UnrealPawn]" section of your
User.ini...the GUI config will not let you set this, because I screwed
this up in my GUI patch. You can also enable vehicle shadows in User.ini
(on by default?).
- The DM-Morpheus3 scoreboard renders strangely in Windows too; this is not
an OpenGL renderer bug, it matches the behaviour of the Direct3D renderer.
- Red Orchestra's motion blur now works (and, unrelated, their splash
screen got fixed, too), but the sniper scope is still broken; use the
"texture" setting and not "model" for the sniper scope in the options.
This is my bug, to be considered later.
- Please send bug reports to https://bugzilla.icculus.org/
, not my inbox.
Richochet: Lost Worlds:
Now shipping for Mac OS X! http://www.ricochetlostworlds.com/Mac.shtml
Big Kahuna Reef:
Also now shipping for Mac OS X! http://www.bigkahunareef.com/Mac.shtml
If the game is crashing for you near startup with a SIGILL instruction,
you probably have an older Athlon chip. We put a new installer up at http://wolfire.com/lugaru.html
(the download link there has the same
filename as before, but it works now).
2.5.0 is now available for both Mac OS X and Linux: http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2518
Hotfix for Mac users ("2.5.0a"): http://treefort.icculus.org/armyops/americasarmy-macosx-250-to-250a.dmg
We're back up. Please let me know if you find anything that's mysteriously