(Seen my glasses? I'm a dork.)
If you want a specific section of my plan, you can use the web interface
Or directly through port 79, if your finger client will let you get away with:
This is part of the new, improved IcculusFinger. Yay.
(This is in no particular order)
- The icculus.org open source incubator.
- The Build Engine.
- Serious Sam.
- various Pyrogon things.
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Other stuff.
I have projects on icculus.org (some are even mine) that are already
abandoned. I will have to figure out what to do with them. If you want to
peek around, look at The CVS Tree.
Ogg Vorbis 1.0 is now available; congrats to Monty, Emmett, and the rest of
the gang at xiph.org! Now someone take the newly-written spec and make me
an in-dash CD player for my car that decodes OGGs.
Medal of Honor dedicated server binaries are now in public beta.
Go get 'em.
You need Windows for the installer on the original game CDs to extract
the datafile and patch them to 1.11. I have been told that Wine can be
used for the installer, but throws up on the 1.11 patch. You can also try
your luck with wine/i6comp.exe (check google) to get around the
Then subscribe to the mailing list and create an account
on our bugtracking system.
This will be wrapping up in a day or two, then I'll be handing off the
source and the officially binaries to EA.
Yes, I'm porting it. No, there's no timeframe right now. Email me with
questions, and I'll start a FAQ or something.
The 1.07 merge is done. Played through the first few levels, and played
a Coop game with myself as the only player on a dedicated server running on
the same box. Only seen one new bug...some buildings in the distance have
the wrong lighting...which is odd, because everything else looked fine.
Those old Screenies.
Keep me and icculus.org going.
(FAQ snipped. Check the archives.)
Somewhat immediate TODOs:
- Check for zlib 1.1.3 remnants on icculus.org.
- CC/MacOS again.
- Get Nicki to pay for a movie.
- Get Emmett to buy me lunch.
- Reburn damaged music disc.
- Nag Bernd about hardware.
- Clean up the damned logfiles.
- Fix the webmail interface.
- autoconf scripts for quake2.
- put LONELY in cvs.
- Goddamn I'm friggin' BUSY. :(
- Port Serious Sam. ( 16%)
- Rewrite IcculusNews. ( 99%)
- Release SDL_sound v1.0. ( 92%)
- Release PhysicsFS v1.0. ( 98%)
- SDL_mixer rewrite, using non-existant SDL_sound library. ( 0%)
- Toby rewrite #4. Way overdue. ( 20%)
- Documentation for Toby. YEARS overdue. ( 0%)
- Major SMPEG updates. ( 1%)
- Rewrite web interface to mailing list archives. ( 0%)
- Write The Hook Book. ( 0%)
- Read A Beautiful Mind. ( 2%)
- Read On the Road. ( 15%)
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault linux server ( 99%)
Backburnered, but reasonable TODOs: (in no specific order):
- Hook up CVS to IcculusNews.
- Hook up mailing list software to IcculusNews.
- Hook up Bugzilla to IcculusNews.
- Rewrite Toby's parser.
- Finish writing Punk Ass Comedy.
- Finish writing The Street.
- Finish reading The Dragon Book.
- Increase memory/swapspace.
- Remove http://icculus.org/sysinfo/todo.html
- Clean up room.
- Clean up home dir.
- Set up meldrew.
- Get nerf updated for SSL support.
- Put all the header/footer functions for icculus.org in one PHP file.
- Get Dreamcast Linux working.
- SDL OS/2.
- SDL LightPen/tablet support.
- SDL MsgBox API.
- SDL_rwops library.
- Make BUILD Engine support OpenGL.
- Fix the Linux Realtek drivers.
- Write scratchware.
- Physics engine.
- Get BUILD engine ready for Matt Saettler.
- Get Duke3D/COMMIT net API implemented for modern platforms.
- Get Duke3D sound API implemented for modern platforms.
- Beat Zork III. I will someday, I swear.