Elite Force Raytraced

Stephan Reiter stephan.reiter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:31:18 EST 2008

Hi everyone!

I've been working on a raytracing library during the last few months. Last week I was able to integrate it into the ioquake3 source code. This allows for switching between traditional rasterization and raytracing using a cvar. There are also some debug modes specific to the raytracing-mode.

I've posted two videos at YouTube showing Elite Force Raytraced, which is based on Thilo Schulz's excellent Elite Force patch for ioquake3.
The 1st video focuses on raytraced reflections and other changes of the look: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLFrP0c7VWw
The 2nd video is basically a record of a bot deathmatch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C_6Icf2m_C4

I intend to release this code soon, but I plan to take some more time to polish it some more.
Comments are appreciated.

Keep up the good work, ioquake3-community!
Thanks,
Stephan