FIFO menu support script

Scott Moynes smoynes at nerdnest.org
Thu Jul 17 21:10:05 EDT 2003

I've thrown together a simple, but useful script that I use with the
fifo menus that exist in CVS HEAD currently.
  http://www.nerdnest.org/~woodblock/bitbucket/obcommand.py

It takes a command and optionally a directory, and a filter expression
and prints out a menu that can be redirected to the menu FIFO
file.

In my rc3 file I have
   <menu id="fonk" label="fonk" plugin="fifo_menu"></menu>
And I run something like
  ./obcommand.py  -c bsetbg -d ~/.openbox/backgrounds/ > \
             ~/.openbox/fifo_menu/fonk
which gives me a cute menu of root images to set.

It isn't terribly robust and not quite done, but I think it might be
useful to a few others, and may be a good starting point for other
people.

Questions and comments appreciated,
Scott

--